Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010, Year of the Blog

A blo-og, a blo-og, becky writes a blo-og....
to the tune of William Wants a Doll. Did you grow up with Free To Be You and Me?

I have decided 2010 is my year of the blog, i will write something, somehow. It's been recommended to me before, and I have started a live journal page a few times, yet it never lasts. No more half-assed blogger here, i'm a new woman of commitment. Will this be read? Will it matter? Do I care?? There is so much that happens in my head, let's see how it turns out in writing.

Since it's a new year, i feel compelled to draft a list or two, but first i want to comment on something i read on a friend's blog:
"The best way to discover the rewards of relaxation are to: sit in a hot tub, sing, take hike, paint, read, remove clutter from the house."
According to this i should be very, VERY relaxed. I sat in a hot tub for a long time recently, i sing in the car daily, i have been running (fast hiking right?), no to the paint, i read daily, and i de-cluttered like a MOTHA this past week. In fact, I do feel relaxed! It helps that I haven't been to work in 2 weeks and have been able to sleep in, cuddle w/kitties regularly, see new friends and new parts of my new city, and generally veg as much as I want....however those other things clearly aid in one's relaxation. I'm glad i'm finally learning the art of relaxing :)

2010, a new year, a new decade. THANK GOD.
2009 was my worst of the worst, yet also brought me to the best place i have ever been, go figure. What will this year have in store? Some goals include:
1. Keep up the running w/Dawn, we are super stars
2. Eat more greens, and use the Glorious Greens cookbook
3. Be outside more, since I live in Seattle it's a way of life, so that helps
4. Don't say 'yes' without thinking....be selective with how i give away my time
5. Arrive on time, if not early
6. Remind those who love me how much i love them
7. Go on "me dates", dinner, movies, walks, adventures all by myself
8. Take a trip off the continental US
9. Walk 60 miles in 3 days ;)
10. Lose weight and be more fit, stronger and leaner.

It's a start. My life suddenly led me here to Seattle, every star in the sky aligned like a giant flashing neon roadside arrow pointing west. I followed, and next.....i'm open and willing to find out. Thanks universe, i got the memo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment